Lara tagged me to list 5 of my weird habits. Apparently, there are rules to such things and they are:
The first player of the game starts with the topic, “5 weird habits about yourself”. People who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits, as well as state this rule clearly. In the end you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged, and link to their web-journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog/journal that says “you have been tagged” and tell them to read yours.
So be it.
1. The first thing I am supposed to say on the first day of every month is "Rabbit Rabbit." Seriously. I've been doing this for over 20 years. I don't always get it right but it pretty much always happens on the first day of the month and quite often is the first think I say as I roll out of bed. I think it is supposed to be a good luck thing though I've never done a study to find out if months where I say it as the first thing are somehow better than months where I say it after 20 minutes of talking. The fact that I've thought about doing such a study is telling though, huh? It does make New Year's Eve interesting though. "5...4...3...2...1...(Rabbit Rabbit) HAPPY NEW YEAR!"
2. I sync my clocks. As many as possible. My watch, my laptop, my car and as many clocks as I can find are all within a few seconds of each other. I find it particularly gratifying when my watch beeps on the hour at the same time that the BBC beeeep comes across NPR and they announce the time. Clocks that automatically set themselves to some atomic clock are a godsend.
3. I can't stop the beat. If there is music going on, I need to tap on something. Sometimes it is just my toes. This is related to Idiosyncracy 4.
4. I hate changing shampoo. Or soap. I'm very brand loyal that way. Though somehow I'm ok with using whatever the hotels leave you.
5. I fold the paper that the chopsticks come in into a little stand. It's a cute stand. I think Greg taught me how to do that back in California. Now people ask me to make stands for them too.
So there it is. Out on the web for all to know. Tony, Rick, Paul, Eric and George -- you're tagged!
wow. rabbit rabbit, huh? Man, you are a freak. ;-)
Hmm, I'm going to guess on George's:
1 - I have a habit of starting things I can't finish. Like wars.
2 - I always leave the toilet seat up. Drives Laura nuts, but it's awfully funny when she falls in and the Secret Service agents come running.
3 - Condi says I have to stop moving my lips when Dick Cheney is speaking.
4 - I have a habit of shouting out my secret Skull & Bones password during lovemaking.
5 - Note to self: Even though I'm the President of the United States, I can't declare a Presidential Snow Day.
OK, I did my part and listed my five weird habits. Who's next?
Tony's Five Weird Habits
Post a Comment